Vemba is a next generation video distribution and content discovery platform for premium publishers. Our partners include the world’s leading media companies. Together, we are bringing more transparency and control to the management of video distribution.
Vemba’s Toronto office is looking for a full-time Full Stack Web Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be contributing to all levels of our platform - from the video players that deliver tens of millions of streams every day to views around the world to our video syndication marketplace that partners use to monetize their content to the analytics engine that provides rich insights that drive our customers’ business.
You’ll be involved in the entire development process, from the concept to delivery, while sharing your insights with others members of the team. Far from just development, you’ll be researching and developing new technologies that may be required for the implementation of client solutions.
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and successful and timely completion of major new features in Vemba platform
- Help to establish and adhere to coding and development standards and practices including:
- Participation in iteration planning meetings, providing estimates and solution alternatives
- Implement automated behavioural, functional and integration tests
- Peer code reviews and pair programming as appropriate
- Version and release management
- System monitoring and debugging
- Deficiency and bug tracking/management
- Appropriate system documentation
- Research and adopt relevant new technologies
- Troubleshoot 3rd-party integrations of Vemba’s platforms
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on web development experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures,algorithms, and software design
- Building highly scalable web services and building/using RESTful APIs and proficiency in Node.js, PHP or Ruby.
- Strong knowledge of database design with SQL and/or NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with Elastic Search indexes
- Proficiency with command line Git and Unix commands.
- You are passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design, not only in products and their visual presentation but in your code and technical architecture as well Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies and players (JW, VideoJS, Brightcove, Ooyala, Theo Player) is a big plus
- Experience with online advertising / ad operations (DFP, VAST/VPAID, DSPs)
- Experience in video content publishing / syndication
- Experience working in with Agile (SCRUM) teams
- Experience using automation build tools such as Gulp and Bower to rapidly create and automate client-side builds and tasks and a desire to try new tools and frameworks you've never tried before.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Excellent Medical/Dental Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Great Company Culture!