Vemba is a next generation video distribution and content discovery platform for premium publishers. Our partners include the world’s leading media companies. Together, we are bringing more transparency and control to the management of video distribution.
Vemba’s Toronto office is looking for a full-time Front-End Web Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will help us to maintain our platform’s edge in terms of offering a premium streaming video playback experience across a variety of different technologies and platforms for our partners. Your code will be part of delivering tens of millions of video streams a day to customers around the world.
You’ll be involved in the entire development process, from the concept to delivery, while sharing your insights with others members of the team. Far from just development, you’ll be researching and developing new technologies that may be required for the implementation of client solutions.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of frontend, backend and data science engineers to develop new product features
- Extend, debug and optimize Vemba’s embedded video playback components
- Stay on the cutting edge of modern web-based video streaming technologies
- Troubleshoot 3rd-party integrations of Vemba’s video streaming solution
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years hands-on web development experience
- Experience developing responsive, mobile-friendly web pages and web components
- Experience debugging and optimizing web pages and web components
- Proficiency with command line Git and Unix commands.
- You are passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design, not only in products and their visual presentation but in your code and technical architecture as well
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of underlying web video streaming technologies
- Experience working with commonly available video players (JW, VideoJS, Brightcove,Ooyala, Theo Player) is a big plus
- Experience with online advertising / ad operations (DFP, VAST/VPAID, DSPs)
- Experience with server-side web development, particularly Node.js
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in video content publishing / syndication
- Experience with API service integrations, REST protocol, JSON/RSS formats, Oauth,and API architectures
- Experience working in with Agile (SCRUM) teams
- Experience using automation build tools such as Gulp and Bower to rapidly create and automate client-side builds and tasks and a desire to try new tools and frameworks you've never tried before.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Excellent Medical/Dental Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Great Company Culture!